Colour sorting cannot be considered true colour sorting if it does not make use of genuine full-colour inspection devices, as these are required to provide the best detection and removal of unwanted elements in products to be sorted.
Utilizing true Full-Colour RGB cameras, the SEA TRUE sorter is able to determine and separate the smallest colour or shade differences in almost any bulk commodity in order to ensure that the strictest food hygiene and health requirements of endproducts are met.
Ideal for almost all commodities, SEA TRUE can combine its Full-Colour vision system with NIR and InGaAs technologies. The fruit of almost 50 years’ experience of colour sorting technology, SEA TRUE covers the high-end segment of the market, whilst keeping investment to a minimum. Alapros test centres are at our clients’ disposal in several different countries.
FULL-COLOUR RGB SMART CAMERA
- SEA TRUE sorters are equipped with ultimate Full-Colour smart cameras, featuring red, blue and green (RGB) sensors with 0.06 mm optical resolution on dierences in colour and shade.
- By means of photographic acquisition, the sorter image processing system compares the object to user-defined accept or reject elements.
- The vision system “sees” the product to be sorted almost as effectively as the human eye, with the ability to recognize up to 8 families of defects.
- SEA Full-colour cameras recognize 16 million individual colours, oering the highest optical resolution.
NIR AND INGAAS CAMERAS
- SEA TRUE sorters can be configured with additional NIR and/ or InGaAs cameras according to the sorting target. In electronic sorting, these technologies indicate the infrared area in which the image sensor performs.
- NIR cameras optimize the separation of foreign bodies that have a similar colour to the conforming product, such as stones, sticks, glass and plastic in seeds, grains and coffee.
- InGaAs technology allows for the separation of defects which cannot be distinguished visually, such as the removal of seeds aected by sclerotium or the separation of hulled and unhulled grains or shells from nut kernels.
The product is spread by the in-feed shaker into a mono-layer, before it drops down and is guided by the slide through the inspection area. The product is illuminated by SEA custom LED lighting. The optical lens projects the reflected light onto a Full- Colour RGB camera. The reflected light is broken down into the dierent colours. The SMART camera collects all these information, which are analysed by dedicated software to determine if the element has to be discarded. If so, the ejectors are activated and reject the element.
- Product in-feed hopper
- Vibrating feeder
- Sloping chute
- Full-Colour RGB cameras
- Optional additional NIR or InGaAs cameras
- Accepted product discharge hopper
- Reject product discharge hopper
SEA TRUE sorters can be separated in up to 4 different sections. The accepted or rejected product can be conveyed to another section of the SEA TRUE to undergo additional passes through the sorting process. Re-sort and re-resort versions are available.